Thursday, June 11, 2015

Bosley ~ A Brofur Fur Me??

This is Bosley:
Growlmy, pawppy and I went to see him this afternoon...(That must have been why I had to have a bath yesterday...), anyways, I was quite excited to be able to go and have a doggy visit again:)
Furstly I left lots of pee-mails so evfurryone who comes after me will know *I* was there, BOL!
Then I hunted some good sniffs under a bush, and when I came up fur air, eeuuww, there was a tick crawling on me...sheesh, this shelter is so rural they can't keep up with tick control on their grounds.
Then the shelter lady let us inside the big doggy meet and greet/playroom.
There were several other ladies there, too. Then...Bosley came inside the room, too. I perked up and we exchanged sniffs and a few wags. Bosley appeared to be a young dude, about the same height as me, but thinner. A nice terrier mix.

Well, we decided to circle each other, to see who could get in the most sniffs of the good parts, OMD! I won...he smelled well...like a doggy!

Then I got a bit pushy and humped him...oops...I furgot my manners...and he snarked at me. So I stopped...and went ovfur to pawppy, Bosley came there too, and then I  tried the same maneuver as befur...and got snarked at again, This time Bosley decided to leave me and went to stand behind his lady. And totally ignored me the rest of the time, no tail wagging, no playing...he seemed to say, 'nope I do not think you will make a good roommate/brofur.' (When he furst had seen me he wagged his tail and did a great doggy grin...)

When I tried to go back to see him he just walked the other way...sigh...

One of the ladies present there was a doggy behaviorist. She told my peeps she felt that I was displaying this dominance behavior because I was feeling anxious and perhaps insecure.
She thought that this was my way of indicating that after 13 years I didn't truly want to have a live in brofur, despite of what Growlmy & Pawppy were thinking about it.

They all did say I was not aggressive or nasty, just being needy of being an only pup.
They said I was a handsome dude, and looking furry well and healthy even at my age. Well, of course!!

Well, this ends the hunt fur a furbling fur little old me...my peeps are bummed, but well, better to have one happy pup than two that are unhappy or not getting along.

Shucks.
I went home and took a nap:))

16 comments:

  1. Well, shoot. That Bosley is a cute dood.
    But maybe it's jus' as well with yu bein a mature type an how bout yur kitty cats? I'm shur yu know, yu do not want to get kitty cats mad. They have special ways to make life miserable when they aren't happy.

    Or howz bout a grrl dog? Maybe yu mite feel different 'bout a grrl. A terrier type, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the kitties here are not sad, BOL!
      Nevfur thought about that Girlly pup thing, I shall ask my peeps about checking that out.

      Delete
  2. I totally understand, Freckles. My mommy and daddy brought Winkie home even though I didn't need him at all. After three years I'm pretty used to having him around, but I was happy as an only dog. And would be again, BOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not so much indifferent as I am like a silly youngster...humpy-hump-hump...and I do not quit until I have to have a rest...sheesh, I can't help myself...it has now become my undoing. Its not that I am aggressive, just I insist on doing my thing...OMD!

      Delete
  3. Well, at least ya won't have to share treats dis way.

    I's wonderin if ya might like a puppy or girl terrierist better. I dunno, just a thought.

    P.S. I has nominated ya for a Liebster Award - ya can pick it up here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats a good thing right...its all mine still, BOL!

      I shall have to call those shelter ladies up and ask if they think a girrly pup might be better. Growlmy really doesn't want to start with a baby, now that she is a working peep, when I was a puppy she was a full time sty at home mom. Growlmy had tons of time to teach me all I needed to know...except she must have furgotten to unteach me the humping stuff...

      Delete
  4. Since our hairy slobbery sister Bob went over the bridge last fall, Cinnamon has been a only Dog and she LOVES it. Wes thought about getting her a companion, and wes pretty sure she would gets along with another Dog, but the right circumstances has not come up!
    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are ros and cons to this single pup stuff...or to having a furbling.

      Delete
  5. dood...sum times room mates iz knot all they iz cracked up ta bee.....steelin yur beds, yur toys, eatin yur treetz & bizcuits & food....puttin pee mails wear ya just putted pee mail yur self..... bee sides...pipo & minko R all ya knead ....troo lee ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Secretly I am not sad, though I know growlmy though it might work...

      Delete
  6. Crikey ... Mr JF Sir Lickalot I knew but Mr JF Sir Humpalot I've ony just found about about. Too funny Freckles except when you want a brother or sister, aye?? I still think if the shelter people would just let you take one of those blokes on a trial basis (that's what they do here in Australia) you would be fine. You can't tell in half an hour or so if you are suited. Here if it doesn't work out after a few days (or even hours) you just send them back and try again. Most times it turns out just fine. That Bosley bloke sure is cute. Makes you wonder why anyone would give him up, aye??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am embarrassed to admit, Sir Humpalot does describe me, at least in the presence of other pups...sigh...

      Well, some shelters do that, but not the ones here in my town...sheesh, didn't they know a pup is way different in the great outdoors, I could have shown those pups all kinds of fun things in my yard...esp the rabbit diggin hole that I ignore, but they could make a good escape to adventure if they snuck out through that, BOL!!

      Delete
  7. I agree with Charlie. They should give it a day or two. You can't tell in half an hour if two strangers are going to get along!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, better to have one happy pup than two unhappy ones. When I had my Angel Bobo I ALWAYS wanted to have another cat....Bobo was NOT the type of cat to "share" and I knew it would never happen. In hindsight, I wouldn't have had it any other way! When it is meant to be, it won't be able to be stopped. It will be natural and will just happen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our angle kitty Suki was like that, she disdained others even though she herself was still a kitten when Toki got here.

      I think that since I like to play in my own way with other pups, I would have learned soon enough to stop the humping and just enjoyed a furbling, though...on the other paw, not having ti share is fine by me, BOL!

      Delete