Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Whining Woofs For Woofless Wednesday

Yup, I am whining, growlmy is bummed and there will not be a brofur here, at least  not the one we were hoping fur. Shucks. Sheesh:(

Domino
Well, yesterday, growlmy suddenly grabbed my leash and car safelt harness...I know something was up, car trips fur me are rare...
We did not take the route to the stabby rooms, nor the highway that goes to my auntie and doggy cousin.
I do not think I evfur went the way we went, BOL!

So after a 10 mile trip, we stopped and I was allowed to go with growlmy into this building. Hmmm, interesting sniffs and smells here, not to mention sounds. So I left a pee mail or two, and then I got to go inside. My ears perked up and my nose twitched...and I could see a kitty behind  a glass door...hey, no more kitties, pawlease! Well, then the lady behind a desk said I had to go back outside to wait...hey, not fair, I wanted to visit wherevfur those smells and sounds were emanating from.

Growlmy put me in the car...( It was my furst trip in her new van!)and went back into that building.

*She* got to stay and have a visit with that pup, Domino.  A JRT/Boston Terrier mix.
He was all boingy-boingy and full of beans and the dickens! 9 1/2 months old.
A kisser, too, like me!
So growlmy said, yes, I want to adopt this dude!
Ok, Step two was next. I got to meet him...Back into the building, in a large playroom. Another lady was there with Domino on a leash and a second lady told growlmy to sit down and she took me on my leash...and I got to go and try to see/sniff Domino. But.....
He was not having it at all. He put his long tail underneath his belly so it touched his chin, and would not let me get close at all. Not in the 15 minutes or so we were in that room. Nope, if I got too close he started to bark and those ladies said he was scared of me...OMD:(
Scared of little old me, sigh...
They worried that he might even resort to fear aggression.
And he had been playing vigorously thorough the fence with his kennel mates. The ladies thought maybe he had not had enough socialization...and they were going to try and work with him, even to the point of finding him a kennel mate to share his den with. Well, I wanted to be the one, but those ladies said, no they didn't think it was a good match, but to keep looking there for some other pup. Well, of all things :(
There were no other pups in there close to what growlmy thought she wished to have fur to be my furbling, not even a lady pup. None at the other local shelter either...and none in the city where boss-boy lives.



You can't really tell, but Domino is about 1/2 my size!


Maybe we shall have to start with a baby pup, but she really wanted to do a rescue.
So now you know why I am whining, and growlmy is bummed...I just had to be a whiney-woofy blog-poster, today...






Since I already whined & woofed so much, I guess I can let you know that I had fun today, helping growlmy mow weeds and grass in my woodsy part of the yard. She had to take advantage of a day that finally was sunny, BOL!

Hence we are way, way behind on visiting all of my pals in Bloggerland.....maybe growlmy will just leave comments n the newest blogs after she reads, them, there are about 40...yikes! Here I whine again, BOL!

20 comments:

  1. was that pup crazy? How could he not love you instantly? Obviously was not the right fit. Wish I could bring you a brother. I'm sure you'll find the right one ~Rascal and Rocco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It ws so sad fur growlmy. He is still in the shelter...we want to try again...

      Delete
  2. Crikey Mr JF Sir ..... of course poor little Domino was scared. He's in a shelter!!! They put you in a room with 2 scary ladies and let you sniff him and he was on a lead and so were you. Now that's a scary situation for anyone, aye?? If Growlmy could just bring him home and meet you there it would be fine. Growlmy knows what to do with a little bloke like him, aye?? Stupid shelter people!! He's a very cute lookin' little bloke and doesn't look too timid to me. I reckon he'd settle in nicely once with sensible people. Sure hope he manages to find a good home. I s'pose he just wasn't meant to be with you. You'll find the right one soon I'm sure!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should have gone on a stroll together on the trails they have just fur that all around the shelter.

      I still see growlmy looking at his picture...

      Delete
  3. Scared of ya? Finley wuz not scared of me at all when we met, even wif all my growlin.

    Hope y'all can find da right brofur/sisfur pup for ya. My momma talks bout puppies sometimes. I are not havin it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We think you should go back and try again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are thinking about it. Except now Minko is sick, maybe its not a good thing to add to his stress level...

      Delete
  5. dood...sorree bout yur babee brother.....but ther will bee another come along.......wait N see......N who noez......him mite knot a liked pipo N minko either......??? any way, best fishes in yur seerch. XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The peeps at the shelter should bring him here fur a home visit and a romp in my nice big yard!

      Delete
  6. Too bad that the new guy was afraid of yous. But mes sure yous will get the right pack mate soon, wes purraying for yous.
    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank mew!
      I sure hop eso...I really want a pup to play with and to share in my digging festival, BOL!

      Delete
  7. We thinks a puppy would be da bestest solution... 'specially wiff havin' kitties and all... dat way, da kitties can teach da lil one who is da boss, and it will look up to you and follow you 'round like...like a puppy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, that's what we were thinking, but around here the shelters may be full of baby kittens, but puppies are hard to come by...we mean the baby pups, BOL!

      Delete
  8. I am so sorry that it didn't go well, but the right dog will come along when it is supposed to. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry you didn't find a sibling, that is sads. Tuiren was afraid of me (Fenris) when she first came to live with us. But I gave her plenty of space and she eventually became my friend. We just know the right sibling for you is out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just need to find eachother:)) Somewhere...

      Delete
  10. That's too bad- I hope Domino finds the right home- he sure missed out on a good one with you!
    Nice to meet you at the parade.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he sure did miss out, and he is even still in that shelter...waiting and hoping...sheesh. We think we may try again.

      Delete