Saturday, May 2, 2015

Shake Your Booty Sunday Selfies ~ Leftovers From My Barkday

 These are some selfies I made on my Birthday a few days ago...I liked them so much I asked growlmy to use them fur the weekly bloggy hopping event!


I was shaking my booty today...growlmy got her booty shaken up good too. OMD!
I had to bark my head off to make sure no further shakes of the booties here happened. Sheesh.

I was relaxing beside growlmy as she was working at her  desk before getting ready to abandon me in favor of her working with her residents at the nursing home. My kitty brofurs were napping in sunpuddles to warm their furs.
Suddenly there was a lot of noise, like a million heavy trucks or a train right beside our den...or hundreds of metal birds strafing it. (Helicopters) The piano was joining in too...all the strings inside it were humming! The dishes in the china cabinet were dancing, rattling and clattering too. Some pictures even decided to change their orientation on the walls, Oh, MY!!
Then it stopped, but just as quick as it stopped it started all ovfur again, YIKES!
Those kitties here spooked and ran fur cover...I barked and barked until it worked to make all this chaos leave me alone. Growlmy stood up and went to the window to see if pawppy had broken the gas line or something, as he was out there cutting down the shaggy blades of grass to even them up...I had been out there with him snoopervising, but came in to make sure growlmy was still there. Nope, he was still working and unfazed by the racket we were having inside.
Growlmy checked the cellar to see if the furnace and water heater were OK, and to see if anything else had suffered from the shakes. No problems there.

Growlmy went outside to ask pawppy if he had noticed anything...he said 'Nope.' Well that lawnmower is nosy and has its own set of shaking and vibrations.

Well, after a bit of time passing, the news came out:
We had been experiencing an earthquake. 4.2  on the Richter Scale. At 1223pm, May 2, 2015. Wow! The last earthquake here like this one was in 1947 at 4.6...that was way befur growlmy was invented!
This shaker event was centered about 14 miles from my den...and the second shaker was an aftershock.

It was the talk of the evening at growlmy's work place. Some of the residents had felt it, too.
It is also a full moon...
Which all brewed up a nice evening of 'the crazies' at her work...the full moon might as well be ovfur her building 24/7, BOL!
As if this wasn't enough, at 1pm the emergency sirens went off as they each month on the first Saturday, to test them.
Howl time!! Arooooooooo-howl-yip-yowl-arooooooooooooooo!
Sheesh, what a day!

This is a blog hop for the weekly Sunday Selfies...hosted by The Cat On My Head





34 comments:

  1. You certainly rock that bowtie? Maybe it was your rockin' good looks that caused the earthquake?
    --Wags (and purrs) from Life with Dogs and Cats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      And BOL!!
      Hope we don't get to shake anymore...at least not that way.

      Delete
  2. Wow, innerestin barkin material yu had! We bol'ed at yur survivor pic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, not the usual kind of woofing from me...

      Delete
  3. Happy Belated birthday! I love the tie :) Glad you survived the earthquake- they are scary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow very Handsome Dude is what I see,xx Speedy

    ReplyDelete
  5. We read about the earthquake. Sounds scary! I sure do love your bowtie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, It scared growlmy right nastily!
      About that bowtie.....

      Delete
  6. That must have been a terrible experience for all of you, but we're happy that you're allright. That bowtie looks great on you, Mr JF. Pawkisses for a Sunny Sunday :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes it was sort of scary, but I barked to tell it to stop,BOL!

      Delete
  7. Very cute selfies. I can see why you wanted to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah! another doggie in the Sunday selfies!!!! Love LadyBird

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes! I's been in an earthquake before, back when I lived in LA. It wuz not fun, I barked a lot and hid under da bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not thi k we need to feel any more of those...the last 'big one' here was in 1947...at that rate, no one here would be feeling it...OMD!

      Delete
  10. We already commented about the earthquake on Pipo and Minko's blog, so... We love your bowtie. So festive! So sorry we missed your birthday. Please accept our belated best wishes. Hope it was a great day. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! We read about the rumblies on Pipo and Minko's kitty blog. We never had anything like that around here! It must have been very scary!

    Ghostwriter agrees with the "crazies at full moon" thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super-duper scary and worse that those noisy thunder-boomers. At least the ground doesn't shake you into a jelly with those...

      The crazies are so bad at the best of times what with sundowner's syndrome and such...add a full moon...YIKES!

      Delete
  12. We love your selfie, Mr. Jack Freckles. Wow...an earthquake?? We never felt it on the east side of the state.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Funny; pawppy had no idea either, he was mowing the grass...but I heard it, felt it and do not wanna repeat it again. Since it was not too bad, the further away you are the less you would notice. certainly the sounds coming from the earth would not be heard far away.

      Delete
  13. Wowwzers! First Nepal and the Michigan! Lots of shaking going on! And Mr Jack Freckles, mes LOVES yous in your bow tie!
    Has a easy Sunday!
    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will gladly donate it and another like it to you...BOL!

      Delete
  14. Wowser! An earthshake!!! Yikes!!! We's had to go hide in da baffroom when da tornado sirens go off, but we don't get earthshakes here. Momma went thru a coupla times in California, though. She thought someone had hit the house with a truck or something...reached out to touch the walls and they were moving.... those were aftershocks from da Northridge quake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would have been a lot worse than this one, I think.

      Delete
  15. dood...yur lookin good act shoo a lee in yur tie...we iz happee glad ewe N pipo N minko iz oh kay....we wooda been sacred two. ~~~~ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tabbies o'TT.
      They can hide well under the couch here, BOL! Not me though...I just run outside to bark at all the shakes and racket.

      Delete
  16. that photo is hilarious...somehow I missed it on the other post lol.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Earthquake and you did not give them warning that something strange was going on. Lee's last Scot acted all freaky the day we had a 5.2 on the Richter Scale. Well when things move all over the house definitely something is happening.
    You look great in a bowtie, yep you are a bowtie type of guy.
    Thanks for being a friend
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, I don't do amnything 'psychic' just after the fact, then I go beserk and nutzo!

      Yup, I don't mind a bow tie...too much. Better than clothes I say!

      How are you these days, Getting better and stronger each day I hope and pray.
      Still sending POTP, hugs and licks.

      Delete