Friday, November 28, 2014

Thankfur Fur Bloggerland

Its the day after Thanksgiving. But it was the day of feasting here fur me and my furmily. Growlmy was working at the nursing home yesterday, she helps peeps do things they cannot do fur themselves...so I know they are thankfur to her, too.

Its also the day after Bloggerland...as growlmy calls this vast network of our furry pals...and yesterday was a blog hop to be thankfur. So we are a tad late but we are still joining up...at the last minute as it were, BOL!
Growlmy only made one picture today...um...of my din-din. OMD! I was thankfur to gobble it up, pardon the pun, there was turkey in my dish...
So here is a recycled image of me being a centerpiece...Yikes! At least I didn't get eaten, I was on the dining room table, strictly furbidden you know.
MJF as a 'centerpiece', BOL!

And here is my din-din...
Kibbles, cabbage, lettuce, cucumber, radish, tomato, beans and turkey! Mmmm! I love to crunch on veggies, and this was a great Thanksgiving feast!



Pawppy had to go to the office and do work there, boss boy was at home, but he had to work too...his job is online so he can work in his PJ's if'n he wanted to, he doesn't, BOL!
Growlmy had some time, so her and unfurbro went to the back woodsy area with me as inspector. They cleared away a tree that had come down in last weeks strong winds. My wood pile is oh so furry high now, I could climb it and be 'king of my castle'! It shall be a roaring bonfire sometime, meanwhile I shall have to snoopervise it carefurly to evict any varmints who contemplate taking up residence there...like squirrel dudes and rabbits.
Growlmy gave unfurbro a hatchet and a big bow saw and a smaller pruning saw. She was doing the duty of pick-up-sticks...when suddenly there was unpublishable sounds coming from the young man working at the tree trunk. Yikes! He broke the saw. Um...growlmy was wondering what unfurbro had been thinking...he broke her pruning saw. That was what the bow saw was fur, OMD! Her antique one, BOL! She bought that in 1985 when she didn't even know pawppy, to do yard work at her house...well, at least unfurbro felt silly so he got what was coming to him, and he said he would get her a new one fur Christmas, he is a poor student you know...sheesh, a poor and absent minded grad student! Want him to design your bridges, BOL!!

After all that lumberjacking I was tired to the bone, so I didn't even come to snag any salad fixings...growlmy says my hearing is dimming in my elder years..sigh...but I am thankfur that I can still hear the things I need to bark my head off at, BOL!

I also scored in the kitchen! I got to lick the whipping cream beaters, Mmmm! Boss-Boy came by at the same time, but he didn't feel like sharing them with me he said...
When growlmy was taking out the leftover pie afur the feast was done, a piece of crust fell on the floor...I gobbled that up in the blink of an eye, afur growlmy even knew where it had fallen...you got to be quick around these parts or you lose out of the good stuff.

When I came back inside after being outside woofing to Boss-Boy as he went back to his apartment, I jumped right into my nest on the designated couch...and there was a huge commotion...of hissing and kitty growls.Whoops! I had jumped right on top of Pipo & Minko as they were sleeping. Those noises bowled me right ovfur onto the floor, OMD! Then Pipo jumped down too and used that awful smacky paw on my schnooter. Sheesh...well, I am a good boy and I didn't bite or grump back, I just backed away, and pretended to try and sniff Minko...hmmm, not the best ploy, Pipo charged at me again, OMD! Sheesh, so I waited a bit and then jumped into the second nest on the same couch, and those kitties stalked off with their tails straight up in the air. Like they felt they were the victors...Grrr.....
Speaking  of victors...I am hoping against hope that the U of M Wolverines will be able to sing their song 'Hail To The Victors' tomorrow after their furry last Football game...alas, they are not at all favored to win...sigh...maybe next season things will improve fur my team.

Murphy & Stanley Are hosting this Blog Hop. Thank you!

14 comments:

  1. I's thankfur fur furiends like you, Freckles! Sounds like a pawsome Thanksgivin' at yer house. You sure make a cute centerpiece!
    My Momma cooked all day on Wednesday cuz it were Whit's momma's birthday and then all day Thursday fur Thanksgivin'...
    Today she sat around and did nuthin'. So maybe tomorrow I can get her to write me an entry...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Furends are what keep things running with all the love they share around! Yup, we were busy and your furmily sounds way busier, BOL!

      Betcha snagged all kinds of dropped tidbits...

      Delete
  2. I'm BOLing at ya jumpin on da kitties, bet dey wuz not happy.

    Way to go on gettin dat piecrust.

    Hope your team does better dan mine did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happened so fast, no way to get any kind of an image, except the one stuck in growlmy's mind furevfur!

      Piecrust...what piecrust...smacks lips...

      Nope...they lost...we just all hope that next season will be better...

      Delete
  3. Sounds like yu had a good day snaggin sum noms. Yur special dish look furry good!

    Yeah, it's not good to surprise those kitty cats! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It were yummy and memorable, though I would like to pretend the kitty incident didn't happen...

      Delete
  4. OMD *drools* Yur Fanksgibbin' feeast wooked weal tastee, Fweckles! Dose darn kitties outta kno' 'nuff tu ged outta yur way! Gud gwief!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was gone into my tummy in an instant, BOL!

      Them kitties need to stay out of what I consider *my* nests...they have several others that I can't use...sheesh.

      Delete
  5. Your family sure had a busy day. Hope you are all resting up for next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am snoring right now...and the kitties are curled up together somewhere.

      Delete
  6. Wow you sure have A LOT going on there! We are thankful for YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Growlmy calls it a zoo here...but we are not exotic, so I really don't think she knows what she is talking about, BOL!

      Delete
  7. Ooooo, that looks like some yummy dinner! We love crunchy veggies too, except for the cucumber. What a busy day you had! We understand about cats. Miss Maddie Cat used to hiss and punch us in the face when she lived with us. We just stayed out of her way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was yummy!
      Pipo thinks I am his arch enemy...sigh...he just has nevfur liked me, though he came here as a kitten. At least Minko is mostly furendly with me.

      Delete