Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Oh, NO - Gone Forever


You telling me bad news?? OMD:(

Folks remember when I posted things about my stroll? I showed you some pics of 'The Old Bedford Mill'.
Well, last night, it was incinerated to the ground. A three alarm fire, and they even needed the help of the Local National Guard's water carrier to dump water on it, even though the creek runs right there. That fire was too hot to get to the creek...go figure.
Pawppy said it even melted the asphalt on the highway in front of it.

Here is a link to the news article.

Fire Burns The Old Bedford Mill

Updated link:
Bedford Mill - Update on fire with related pictures



Here are those pictures I took back in June:




Bedford Mill as seen from Bedford Park, along Waubascon Creek

And if this wasn't bad enough, growlmy told me the Dutch Soccer Team lost their semifinal game with Argentina. Too bad, I was hoping that my old pic of me cheerleading them on would help:

Maybe if I had actually been there they might have won...BOL!

                                                                       Woofs!!

16 comments:

  1. Dat stinks!

    And I are pretty sure dat da reason da Dutch lost is becuz you weren't there - maybe ya shoulda been playin for dem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right! I should have gotten on the first plane ovfur there.

      Delete
  2. Crikey Mr JF Sir .... that's real bad news about the mill. Probably zombiez did it!! You needed Whitley there to bark 'em. Stinkin' zombiez!!!! Mum, Dad and I watched the match on tele this morning. We were going for the Neds. Shame you weren't there. They sure would have won if you were!! You would have confused those Argentinians big time, aye??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Growlmy still can't get ovfur that the Mill is gone.

      Those Nederlanders needed me to urge em on!

      Delete
  3. That is sad bout the ol' mill. It wuz so purdy sittin there in all the green trees in yur piccies. Hope they catch who started it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have made an arrest. Good grief, a 19 year old.
      Hope he gets the book.

      Delete
  4. guys....sorry bout de mill...that reeely izza shame....we hope they catch de ass a nist that did thiz....N dood...iz that ewe in front of de mill in pick sure two !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's me there all right, BOL...um MOL!

      They did arrest a 19 y o. I wanna bite him. Grrr.

      Delete
  5. Oh, Freckles, that is so sad about the old mill. I am glad you took all those pictures earlier and showed us what it looks like. Too bad Holland lost. Are you on Twitter? You could have tweeted that picture to them and I bet they would have won!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I don't do twitter...too bad huh?

      I still can't believe that mill is not there anymore.

      Delete
  6. OMD, Fweckles! Yu r da payshuntest pup I hab eber knowned an' such a gud boy when Gwowlmy wants tu mess wif yur head. Oooops, I meen pud costumes on yu!!

    I r sowwy dat Howwand did nod win an' I r 'speshully sowwy dat da mill burnded down. All dat histowy - goned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right...but I get major bribes, BOL! Treats are worth just about anything in my mind, I mean mouth!

      Yeah, I wish we had won. Oh well...

      That mill was on the historic places/buildings listings. What a shame. I hope the dude who got arrested gets the whole nine yards of convictions and sentences. Grrr.

      Delete
  7. Well MrJackFreckles how sad that the old mill had to burn down. We hate when old them are destroyed. The noise of all the fire trucks must have really hurt your ears.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday and helping me reach my goal of sending a kitty on the Scooter Shuttle.
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry dat yer mill got burned down... what a brat dat 19 year old is -- he should get a nice long stretch in da hoosegow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Finley.
      Thanks.
      I sure hope so too. Just because a building is decrepit, doesn't give anyone the right to torch it.

      Delete