Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy Independence Day


Happy Independence Day! July Fourth.

I'm a Patriotic Pup, BOL!


It was a beautiful and furry sunny day. So I had to wear some shades, but I couldn't decide which ones were better, BOL!



Well, growlmy is way late, cause actually its already Saturday.

Her & Pawppy were gone all day long. They went to the airfield, to watch the airshow, complete with hot air balloons and The Thunderbirds. Also a big carnival, noisy stage entertainment, and huge crowds.

Here are some of the airshow pictures.
First there was a funny helicopter and various aircraft.


 


Then a grand finale was the Thunderbirds. OMD, they are hard to 'capture' in a camera...












Later in the early evening there were hot air balloons flying in.








Some landed right in the airfield, though they were supposed to fly over once they threw out their target markers. BOL!




Then there was waiting until dark. Here is the sunset:

 When it got really dark there was a display of fireworks.












Tomorrow there is more of the same, except the evening twilight hours have a Balloon Illume, and a twilight fireworks display from airplanes & helicopters. OMD!


                                 I hope you all enjoyed a great and safe Independence Day!

12 comments:

  1. Great piccies! Thanks fur sharin it all.
    Hope yu furs survived bein at home Alone with all that stuff goin on in the sky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, we did...and today was a repeat, though the peeps were not gone as long, they said it wasn't too interesting cause they had seen it all already, BOL!

      Maybe some time they'll stay home and get out the grill, Mmmm!

      Delete
  2. You were lookin very cute!
    Hope ya had a pawsome Fourth of July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      We had a great if boring Fourth, cause the peeps were gone all day...so they had a wonderfur time, and we had a regular kind of day! Today the neighbors set off all kinds of noisy things...so I helped by barking as loud as I could til I was hoarse. Then cause I wasn't gonna sh---up according to growlmy she shut me into the den...IE she locked me out of my doggy doors:(
      sigh...then I curled up & went to sleep, BOL!

      Delete
  3. I's kinda fond of da star shaped shades, myself....

    And your growlmy takes some pawsone photos!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Hmmm, the star ones let you see my eyes, but the others are more in-dog-nito, BOL!

      Growlmy says if she would leave her camera at home, she might have more time to relax and enjoy the goings on, BOL! Except then she can't share it with all my pals!

      Delete
  4. Crikey you blokes over there sure know how to put on a show, aye? What great pics! Shame you had to miss it Mr. JF Sir but I think you were probably happier to be home away from all that action. Could be a bit trying, aye?? OMD those pics of YOU!!!!! Those glasses ... hahahahahahahahaha ...... Sorry! I couldn't help that!!!! AND those bobbly things on your head .... hahahahahahahahaha .... whoops! sorry again .... I couldn't help that either. Love the tennis balls!!!!!! Oh and tell Growlmy I'm sorry Amelie got beaten in the tennis!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Charlie!

      Its a hge pawrty all across the USA!
      The Canadians may be out of Tennis, but The Netherlands are still in the Soccer Semi's!!
      Maybe I am gonna be orange on the 9th.

      Yup, those glasses and head gear are an insult to my dognity fur sure.

      I was happy to be on yard guard duty at home, but in the evening hours and on the 5th at night, the boomers were still going off...right at the next door neighbors' yards. No hot air balloons dared fly ovfur my den this year...they said the winds were not allowing it, but I think they knew who they had to contend with if they did...all the jets, well they go by so fast, (They fly up to 25 miles away to regroup back ovfur the airport, and we are about 8 miles from there.) no time to bark em!

      Delete
  5. I's given ya an award - ya can see it here - http://whitleywestie.blogspot.com/2014/07/black-and-white-sunday.html. Even if ya don't wanna do all da rules, ya can still have da award.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Whitley! I shall get to it sometime...Woofs!

      Delete
  6. Freckles, we loved all the pictures! I think you must have had a barking good time with all those things in the sky. I must say that you are a good sport with the dressing up because I would be eating that get up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Buddy!
      Thanks!
      I barked myself hoarse...

      I will mostly do about anything for a good bribe, BOL!

      Delete